The Palmerbet Sports Team give you their UFC tips & analysis for Fight Night 139 with plenty of devastating strikers on show.
- Sung Jung – 14-4-0 (4 by KO/TKO & 8 by submission)
- Rodriguez – 10-2-0 (3 by KO/TKO & 2 by submission)
- Sung Jung def Bermudez – Rd 1 KO
- Rodriguez def by Edgar – Rd 2 TKO
Final Thoughts: The co-main event is shaping up to be a contest that comes down to one thing. Who has the least ring rust? Both fighters have had significant layoffs with “The Korean Zombie” having fought once in 5 years due to injury and military service. While he has youth on his side, Rodriguez has similarly struggled to stay fit in previous years and yet he managed to take the fight on short notice.
There is no doubt Rodriguez is an entertaining fighter. Above all , his kicks are the main weapon in his arsenal and will keep the crowd entertained.
Previously Sung Jung has shown he can grapple with the best of them and will have certainly stayed active throughout his layoff.
Regardless of Rodriguez’s offence, Jung should come away victorious in a sloppy contest against the capable Rodriguez.
- Cerrone – 33-11-0 (9 by KO/TKO & 16 by submission)
- Perry – 12-3-0 (11 by KO/TKO)
- Cerrone def Edwards – Decision
- Perry def Felder – Decision
Final Thoughts: An incredibly worth co-main event puts MMA veteran Cowboy Cerrone against a very dangerous Mike Perry.
MMA fans know this fight will be one that will have it all. Cerrone’s ability to put together beautiful combinations has made him a crowd favourite throughout his decorated career. Perry has heavy hands and can cause serious damage and Palmerbet have him entering the octagon as a $1.43 favourite.
On the other hand, Cowboy has struggled to find his way back into his winning habits after some tough losses.
We’re expecting this fight to be close with plenty of stand up, action and for both men to be looking a little bit worse for wear. As a result, we’re taking the overs for total rounds.
- Pennington – 9-6-0 (1 by KO/TKO & 3 by submission)
- de Randamie – 7-3-0 (3 by KO/TKO)
- Pennington def by Nunes – Rd 5 TKO
- de Randamie def Holm – Decision
Final Thoughts: Both fighters are entering the octagon following the biggest fights of their careers with only de Randamie coming away victorious. de Randamie was able to effectively counter against the top boxer in Women’s MMA in Holly Holm. Whenever Holm came forward, de Randamie had the answer resulting in a points victory.
On the other hand, Pennington was completely outclassed by an incredibly special performance although we won’t be looking too much into Pennington’s loss at the hands of a far superior opponent.
Regardless of their previous fights we’re expecting Pennington to bounce back in an upset.
- Dariush – 14-4-0 ( 3 by KO/TKO & 6 by submission)
- Moises – 11-2-0 ( 3 by KO/TKO & 4 by submission)
- Dariush def by Hernandez – Rd 1 KO
- Moises def Moraes Cutis – Rd 1 TKO
Final Thoughts: Surprisingly he was finished early in his last fight, although Beneil Darius will face off against Thiago Moises as the $1.64 favourite.
Although Moises showed plenty to be excited about with a Rd 1 TKO victory over Gleidson Moraes Cutis, we are sticking with the favourite. Darius looks too well rounded and will be hungry for a win come Saturday night in Denver.
- Barber – 5-0-0 (2 by KO/TKO & 2 by submission)
- Cifers – 8-2-0 ( 5 by KO/TKO)
- Barber def Colleen – Rd 3 TKO
- Cifers def Robbins – Rd 1 TKO
Final Thoughts: The Women’s strawweight division has bolstered their ranks with these two rising stars going head to head. Ultimately Barber will need to keep her undefeated record if she wishes to play a part on big cards in the near future.
Although Cifer has the ability to pull a rabbit out of the hat, we’re tipping Barber to put the pressure on early and get the KO in similar fashion to her last fight.
- Trizano 7-0-0 ( 2 by KO/TKO & 2 by submission)
- Pena 5-0-0 ( 1 by KO/TKO & 4 by submission)
- Trizano def Giannetti – Decision
- Pena def Smullen – Rd 1 submission
Final Thoughts: Two undefeated Lightweights enter the octagon, and only one leaves with an unblemished record. Indeed a draw is always a possibility, although both men have proven knockout power therefore we expect an early finish.
Although this battle is very evenly matched, our tip is for the fight to be taken out of the judges hands.